Thursday, September 3, 2009

Oz Farm - October and November

We'll be working at the Oz Farm in Point Arena, Mendocino County CA after moving out of SF. They have an espaliered apple orchard, retreat and event center, and sundry mixed organic farm.

Certainly the biggest gap in my experience is extended time on a working farm. There are a few ways I could be spending this time but I think this is the best, because I think I need to get real, because Ive been feeling lofty and a dose of practicality will be tempering, I think. It may be that the realities and challenges there are close to my expectations, which would be nice. There are also lots of cultural things that I think I understand but seeing old hands doing it will save me a lot of wasted time. They also manage a coastal forest and keep chickens.

No comments:

Post a Comment