Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Dam pt. 2

Im trying to be cognizant of how water will flow around these holes,
because this great plug of organic matter is right in the crotch of a
ravine and concentrates the flow of a fan of land, some of which is in
roads or bare, and which has some animal pressure. I imagine that this
dam is an excellent and hygeinic filter for the water shedding on from
there. I also imagine that the increased nutrients in the runoff
provides enough N to take care of the extra carbon that is the sawdust
bedding.

I know I keep talking about this stuff and don't really know if it
will work yet. But a guy at the gas station asked to make sure what I
was going to use it for, and said "oh, that'll grow." And plants are
starting to come up, looking pretty good in the potting soil we made.

Matt Lowe
jeffersonpermanent.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment